Monday, November 5, 2007

Little Bites in Boston!

My dad surprised me recently with an invitation to a tapas restaurant... Last week, when I travelled to Boston with my parents, we stopped off in Somerville for tapas at Dali (Restaurant & Tapas Bar). Here is what we enjoyed:

  • Warm homemade bread with a garlicky chickpea spread
  • Plato Mixto - a selection of Spanish cheeses, Serrano ham, salami and roasted peppers
  • Tortilla Española - warm potato and onion omelette... my favorite Spanish food
  • Pimiento del Piquillo - delicious red peppers with a shrimp stuffing
  • Lomito al Cabrales - thin pieces of pork tenderloin in a light and creamy sauce of Cabrales and mushrooms... my favorite dish of the night!
  • Conejo Escabechado - red wine braised rabbit
  • Langostinos a la Plancha - perfectly grilled prawns
We washed everything down with fruity sangria (and for my mom, a cerveza). For dessert, we enjoyed Flan de Leche de Cabra... Flan made with goat's milk. Rich, creamy, sweet and delicious. Served with a berry sauce, it was the perfect ending.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...