Sunday, May 31, 2009

Rainy day food

With all this rain lately, I'm trying not to jinx myself by thinking about *cringe* last summer (I remember in June & July there were only 7 dry days... total! I can't remember specifics about August, but I know I didn't get a tan...). I'm trying to focus instead on the positive... comfort food!

When its cold and rainy outside, all I want to do is curl up inside with a blanket, a bowl of warm comfort food, and a good book (or a movie). In thinking about my favorite comfort foods, I came across these lasagna photos from a few months back. I made a big dish of lasagna bolognese...

I started with a rich bolognese sauce, sweet with carrots and onions. I layered the sauce with a mixture of ricotta, egg, and mozzarella cheese, no-boil lasagna noodles (we didn't have a pan big enough in our townhouse to boil lasagna noodles), and freshly grated parmesan cheese. I served the lasagna with a house favorite -- no-knead rolls. Delicious!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...