Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Chick Peace

For those of you who have not yet visited the Burlington Farmers' Market, you are missing out. I have written before about the cheeses and produce you can find there, but I have not yet written about Chick Peace. They are most famous (at least at the market) for their tasty hummus creations.

I stopped by their booth last weekend in the stifling 90-something degree weather... In that kind of heat, it even seems like a chore to eat. Let me tell you, though, I had absolutely no trouble finishing off a small container of their tabouli (their chalkboard says "Armenian Tabouli" but the label says "Mock-Kreyma"). The tabouli is zesty, perfectly spiced, tomato-y and slightly sweet from the onions. It is truly a great summer dish.

Check it out next time you're at the market!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...